Labor & Employment Law
- United States Department of Justice Employment Litigation Section – Enforces against state and local government employers the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and other federal laws prohibiting employment practices that discriminate on grounds of race, sex (including pregnancy), religion, and national origin.
- Employment Law Information Network – Gateway site offering federal and state law articles, case summaries, forms and contracts, HR documents, and a weekly newsletter.
- Employment, Labor, and Pension Law – List of employment law sites from the ‘Lectric Law Library.
- Civil Rights Litigation Clearinghouse – Highlights cases that are currently being litigated or involve large numbers of people and very consequential issues.
- United States Department of Labor (DOL) – Administers and enforces over 180 federal laws.
- U.S. Dept. of Labor Wage and Hour Division (WHD) – Enforces federal labor laws, including the minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, child labor and special employment, family and medical leave, migrant workers, lie detector tests, worker protections, and the prevailing wages for government service and construction contracts.
- U.S. Dept. of Labor Wage and Hour Division: Family and Medical Leave Act – The FMLA is administered by the Wage and Hour Division within the U.S. Department of Labor. The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specific family and medical reasons.
- Dept. of Labor Women’s Bureau – Develops policies and standards and conducts inquiries to safeguard the interests of working women; to advocate for their equality and economic security for themselves and their families; and to promote quality work environments.
- Unions.org – Directory of unions and union resources (e.g., creating union contracts).
- Mooney, Green, Saindon, Murphy, & Welch’s Labor Union Page – Original articles, news and commentary, and a list of web links. Also links to directory of international unions.
- Institute for Research on Labor and Employment – Links to publications, industrial relations resources, a list of labor unions, a web guide, and more.
- U.S. DOJ Civil Rights Division-Disability Rights Section – General sources of disability rights information.
- ADA Hot Links – Links to full text of statutes, Supreme Court rulings, guidelines, sample policies, and technical assistance manuals, all related to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- ABA Commission Disability Rights – Links to the Mental and Physical Disability Law Reporter, as well as other disability resources.
- The Council for Disability Rights – Advances the rights of people with disabilities. The Council promotes public policy and legislation, public awareness through education, and provides information and referral services.
- Disability Rights Advocates – One of the leading nonprofit disability rights legal centers in the nation. Its mission is to advance equal rights and opportunity for people with all types of disabilities nationwide.
- EEOC-Types of Discrimination – Learn about the various types of discrimination prohibited by the laws enforced by the EEOC.
- Labor Laws and Issues – In-depth discussion of important employment laws and issues.
- DiscriminatonAttorney.com – Summarizes nearly every aspect of employment law, including workplace discrimination, harassment, breach of contract, whistleblowing, and more. Also links to summaries of significant court rulings.
- Workplace Fairness – Links to workplace information (e.g., how to file a discrimination claim) for all 50 states. Also links to information by subject, industry, or worker type.
- DOL Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) – Federal law that sets minimum standards for most voluntarily established pension and health plans in private industry to provide protection for individuals involved in the plans.
- BenefitsLink – News, analysis, opinions and government documents about employee benefit plans.
- Employee Benefits Legal Resource Site – Links to a library of employee benefits web sites.
- Employee Benefit Research Institute – Contributes to, encourages, and enhances the development of sound employee benefit programs and sound public policy through objective research and education.
- Labor & Employment Law Blog – Covers specialty topics such as arbitration, drug policies, and the WARN Act.
- Bloomberg Law Labor and Employment Blog – Includes information relating to trending topics, current cases under review, and other relevant workplace-related information.
- FMLA Insights – Blog dedicated solely to topics relating to FMLA developments and issues.
- Employment and Labor Insider – Constangy, Brooks, Smith, & Prophette LLP blog helps predict, prevent, and prevail over all types of workplace challenges.
- Wage and Hour Defense Blog – Insight and commentary on wage and hour law developments.
Associations & agencies
- ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law.
- International Labor Organization – U.N. agency specializing in labor issues worldwide. Links to publications, databases, guidelines and standards, and more.
- National Employment Lawyers Association – Includes a reference page of employment-related web links.
- Employee Benefit Research Institute – Researches and reports on employee benefits nationwide. Excellent links include the EBRI Databook and the Reference Shelf.
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) – U.S. agency that oversees labor unions. Links to board decisions, ALJ decisions, advice memoranda, regulations, and more.
- U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) – U.S. agency responsible for investigating workplace discrimination claims. Links to federal laws, guidance documents, statistics, rulings, and more.
- U.S. Dept. of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) – Detailed, ongoing information on U.S. employment and economic conditions, compiled by the Department of Labor.
Journals, news & articles
- The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute for Law and Policy – Founded by the National Employment Lawyers Association, The Institute’s mission is to advocate for employee rights by advancing equality and justice in the American workplace.
- Employment/Labor Law News – Continually updated from thousands of Internet sources.
- EEOC News – Offers a wide range of information on the Commission.
- Benefitnews – Portal combining several benefits-related news sources.